Sunday, January 31, 2016

Storybook Topics

Battles and Weapons
Growing up I always found myself intrigued by war history even though I never got very excited about the other sections of history classes. I love to learn about how strategy and weapons have advanced throughout the centuries. I know that swords and bows were a large part of the weapons scene of the era we are studying, but I would like to see what other weapons were popular if any. I do not, however, know much at all about the strategy used in battles. I would enjoy learning more about that. The research I have conducted so far for this topic includes surfing the web and reading a Wikipedia page as well as several other web pages.

Heroes and Heroines
Heroes and Heroines are interesting to me because they have to do something courageous to earn that title. Courageous acts are usually exciting to hear about as they usually include action and triumph. I’m looking forward to learning the similarities and differences between these Indian heroes and heroines and the ones from the classic stories that I grew up with. I think heroines are especially fun to learn about because they seem to be less common in stories and add a little extra flavor to the story. I have read the Wikipedia page on this topic and some of the storybook articles.

Animal Characters
Animal characters always keep things interesting too. I like seeing the creative ways that writers give them human characteristics while keeping some of the mannerisms that are specific to that species. I have already seen a deer and a bird used in the stories I have read and I saw a variety of animals in the storybook articles from the animal characters page. I am interested to see how they use these characters to enhance the stories.

Karma
It is always fun to hear about someone getting what they deserve whether it is for good things or for bad. I think we like to hear about good karma because it helps us believe that if we do good things then we will be rewarded for our actions. So far I have not been able to recognize any karma taking place in the stories I have read, but that might just be me missing them. I hope to catch it happening soon. I have read the karma Wikipedia page and some storybooks about karma from the previous semester in this class. 

No comments:

Post a Comment